Key Fob

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by JessJessT9184, Dec 6, 2023.

1. JessJessT9184

JessJessT9184

I just bought a used 2019 Hyundai Elantra from a dealership that didn't come with the keyfob and only one key. Since the fob was listed as included on the sticker, I went back and had a chat with the sales manager. He told me that he had already given me a discount so there was nothing else he could do for me. He did say that he would call a friend at the Hyundai dealership (I bought it at Ford) and see if maybe he could help me with an employee discount or something. I still think that will be quite expensive so I was wondering if anyone knows of a better option. Some of the things I read said since it's not a smart key, I could possibly buy one on amazon or ebay and program it myself, some said even with that, I would need a computer plugged in to the car in order to program it...I haven't been able to find any definite answers. I'm not good at arguing with people so I'm just trying to find a better option. I wish I could reason with them because I do feel like it's their responsibility but I tried talking to him once and didn't get anywhere except more frustrated.

JessJessT9184, Dec 6, 2023
Ask a Question