Cooling Fans Help

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by carlhenry, Mar 16, 2011.

1. carlhenry

carlhenry

My Engine Cooling Fans dont run. I started the car motor ran for Two minutes then stalled. After alot of engine cranking it finally started but was missing. I was able to drive it and after Five minutes it cleared up and ran ok. At about Ten minutes it started bogging down and pinging. Thats when I realized the cooling fans were not running. I replaced the Temperature cooling sensor but no luck. The fans will run if I wire them with a jumper to the battery. All the fuses are good. Thermostat is also good. I can drive it if I hotwire the fan. Also the A/C compressor doesnt work. Problems are both related to whatever it is. Any help would greatly be appreciated. 2004 Santa Fe 2.7 motor

carlhenry, Mar 16, 2011
  2. carlhenry

carlhenry

Cooling fans

Hey FYI just got back from garage and mechanic said problem was caused from low freon in A/C system. Appears Hyundais have 4 terminal pressure switch and two of the terminals control the cooling fans. Kinda crazy that if your a/c is low that the cooling fans shut down. Most cars just cut out the A/C compressor when their low on freon.

carlhenry, Mar 17, 2011
Ask a Question