I got a 2017 Veloster and I like it but it has a few eccentricities... !

Discussion in 'Hyundai Veloster' started by Rose with a 17 Veloster, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Rose with a 17 Veloster

Rose with a 17 Veloster

Hi fellow Hyundai people:

I just recently (a week ago) bought a 2017 Veloster with like 73K miles on it and I like it a lot but it has a few eccentricities that I need to figure out...

Before getting this car, I had a 2002 Saturn and I almost got 20 years out of that one, and hope to keep the nice Veloster for like 20 years also (I take good care of my cars). I also own a classic car that I restored (it's about 50 years old) but that one has no computers, has an automatic choke, and etc. - so this "high tech car stuff" is a little new to me - LOL. Compared to my other cars, this thing is "like a spaceship" !

Okay, so... the driver's side power window sometimes does not go all the way down - sometimes it sort of "sticks" half way down. After I drive around for a while, I try it again, and it goes back to normal and goes down easily. I just hope not to get caught in the rain like this... !

Another thing that just started happening after a week with the car - I was just driving out to get some cat food and noticed that the overhead light (above the review mirror) won't shut off. I know that it has three settings - ON - DOOR - OFF. I put it on "OFF" but it just stays "ON" even while I'm driving... Finally when I park and shut the engine off and click the keypad to "beep" it twice (shut everything down) - finally then after like 5 minutes the lights go off, which is a relief when they do finally shut off because I worried it would kill the battery if it was like that overnight.

Have other people had trouble like this?
    I am bringing it to the dealer to be looked at next week, but I'm wondering if those things are common and hope those things will be easy to fix?

I would be happy if any experienced Hyundai owners would give some advice since this second-hand car is like new to me. Thank you.

Rose with a 17 Veloster, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Rose with a 17 Veloster

Rose with a 17 Veloster

Well, with regard to the overhead light...I figured out one of my passengers was fiddling around with it so that's all set now.

Rose with a 17 Veloster, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Rose with a 17 Veloster

Rose with a 17 Veloster

Okay, so I took it back to the dealer for the window problem and they said they "lubricated the channels." I hope it will be all set now, but you never know, right?

Rose with a 17 Veloster, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Rose with a 17 Veloster

Rose with a 17 Veloster

LOL... no one is answering my questions... I guess I'll figure this stuff out as I go on...

Rose with a 17 Veloster, Aug 16, 2021
Ask a Question